The park went through numerous changes and improvements as it developed during the years.
As more healthseekers arrived, more changes took place.
The original chiseled and sculptured basin is shown at top left with yellow highlighting and to its right the addition of a board to mark off trespassing.
The next two pictures show the descending pipes that began from the spring source up the mountain and contained by a trough with buckets lain in waiting for users.
The next two pictures show a gathering of well dressed men around the basin bowl that shows an addition of a drain for the water run-off and the picture at right with a wire fence with hanging buckets. Signs and notes were displayed for advertisments and City notices.
The next two pictures show improvements and additions by way of a walling off and the building of a reservoir container with spigots.
The two maps below show 1886 with the Spring at its original Basin site and the 1892 map at right after the many improvements created in 1890. A Circle was created by excavation into the mountain side and raising the ground level much as it is today, causing the original sculptured Basin to be accessed only by way of a metal ladder down a circular well.
Below photos at Left, is 1910 view and at Right, is1913 view. The cement steps leading up from Spring Street have varied through the years, sometimes 7, sometimes 6, and currently at five steps excluding the landing platform.
The above photos of the park show the graded rise of Spring Street by the incline as the previous leveled wall has dimishing stones -- previously having five to six stones in height and none approaching the Basin Park Hotel.